Monday, May 16, 2016

JASMINE's THOUGHTS on Me Before You (2016)

Genre:
Drama/Romance
Rating:
PG-13
Run Time:
1 hr 50 minutes
Release Date:
June 3, 2016
Presentation of:
New Line Cinema
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures
Distributor:
Warner Bros. Pictures

Based on the Novel by:
Jojo Moyes

Screenplay by:
Jojo Moyes

Directed by:
Thea Sharrock

Social Media:
   

Plot Summary:
Young and quirky Louisa "Lou" Clark (Emilia Clarke) moves from one job to the next to help her family make ends meet. Her cheerful attitude is put to the test when she becomes a caregiver for Will Traynor (Sam Claflin), a wealthy young banker left paralyzed from an accident two years earlier. Will's cynical outlook starts to change when Louisa shows him that life is worth living. As their bond deepens, their lives and hearts change in ways neither one could have imagined.

Cast:
Emilia Clarke, Sam Claflin, Jenna Coleman, Matthew Lewis, Charles Dance, Vanessa Kirby, Brendan Coyle, Janet McTeer



*My Thoughts*

Note: This review contains NO spoilers

I am speechless! I was in tears... Speechless nonetheless! LOL! I am completely in awe of the beautiful character portrayals of the entire cast. Since I first watched the trailer, I was determined to finish reading the book before watching the movie. I am so glad I did. The book was deep...with a great message..."live boldly." The film itself captured the heart of the book. Wow! I think quite a few people in the theater were in tears...along with me...haha! I seriously had to take a moment when the credits were rolling.

Jojo Moyes did an amazing job writing the script for this film. Well, it does help that she wrote the book. She pretty much has insight on it. Anyways, she was able to condense so much from the book in this 1 hr 50 minutes movie. She took most of the words in the book and made it into action and expressions. The cast were amazing in bringing her characters to life. The casting was spot on. I mean I saw the trailer, so I pretty much got a visual. However, as I read the book, and noticed the descriptions and depictions of these characters, the cast was pretty much filling in my imagination. In my eyes, the cast fit the characters, and they did a wonderful job at being these various...and quirky...personalities.

I don't want to say too much of the film...that would be too spoiler-y. What I will say is that this is a touching and unlikely love story that will leave you in tears. Me Before You doesn't just have the message of "live life to the fullest," but it also deals with a difficult issue that does happen in society today. I think everyone should watch it. But, I do have to warn you, you better bring a box of tissue. Even the toughest heart will melt after watching this...I think...lol! Well, I hope the sequel gets made into a film, too...would love to see Louisa after she goes through this!

Me Before You is a heart-wrenching and moving love story between two unlikely people brought together under strained circumstances.

My Rating:


No comments:

Post a Comment