Thursday, July 16, 2015

HIGHLIGHT: A&E's Damien Panel SDCC 2015


Damien
July 9, 2015, Thursday, 6:45PM-7:45PM
Room 6A

Description:
From executive producer Glen Mazaara (The Walking Dead, The Shield), Damien follows the adult life of Damien Thorn, the mysterious child from the 1976 motion picture who has grown up seemingly unaware
 of the satanic forces around him. Haunted by his past, Damien must now come to terms with his true destiny: that he is the Antichrist. Starring Bradley James (Merlin), Barbara Hershey, Megalyn Echikunwoke, and Omid Abtahi. Get an exclusive first look at the show followed b a Q&A with cast and producers, plus a special guest appearance.

   

*My Thoughts*
I was and am totally excited about this show! Being in the genre I favor and connecting to The Omen film, I was definitely intrigued. Of course, not much was revealed when news came out of this new show, so when I found out that the A&E's Damien was on the SDCC 2015 schedule, I knew I wanted to sit in this panel. Before the discussion and Q&A began, we got to watch  an exclusive Comic-Con trailer. Fans learned about what the cast thoughts on taking these roles and the storyline of the show. We got a bit more insight about the characters from the cast.

I will have to watch The Omen...again, before this show premieres! LOL!


*My Reaction*
Wow! I am even more intrigued after watching this trailer! I loved that scenes from the 1976 The Omen film were used, particularly as flashbacks of Damien's childhood. Bradley James plays this iconic character in his adult years as he grapples with the truth of who he is. I am excited to see where the writers of the show takes this storyline. I would love to see more scenes from  the original films integrated into the show, as we saw in this exciting trailer. Moreover, the trailer also emphasized the elements of mystery, suspense, and drama. There was only so much that was revealed in the trailer that my curiosity was definitely peaked. I definitely want to see more.

   
 
 
 
 
 
 
  
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment