Friday, November 8, 2013

Divergent Character Posters

Exciting isn't it! A favorite YA novel has a film adaptation! Yes, Veronica Roth's novel Divergent has gotten a lot of attention. And, many fans are looking forward to seeing this movie...including me!

When the first Divergent teaser trailer was released...the excitement was overwhelming! I only know because several friends expressed their excitement and anticipation for this movie...since they read and loved the book! I, myself, thought the trailer was amazing...it definitely drew me in to the story. Alas, I still have to read the book...I will definitely read it before the movie is released!


Watch this teaser trailer!


Synopsis from Lionsgate
In a future world where people are divided into distinct factions based on their personalities, Tris Prior (Shailene Woodley) is warned she is Divergent and will never fit into any one group. When she discovers a conspiracy to destroy all Divergents, she must find out what makes being Divergent so dangerous before it's too late.


And, recently, Divergent character posters were released. 

Tris (Shailene Woodley)
Four (Theo James)
Tori (Maggie Q)
Max (Mekhi Phifer)
Eric (Jai Courtney)
Christina (Zoe Kravitz)
Peter (Miles Teller)

Here are the five factions!

I have seen several book to film adaptations recently, and each one has its own unique film interpretation of the book. With each film, there will be those that hated it and those that loved it. For those movies that I have watched AND read the book, I have enjoyed watching the book come alive. Granted there will always be slight changes, but as long as it works on the screen and is true to the essence of the story...I say that these movies are successful book to film adaptations.

And, as soon as I read Divergent, then watch the movie, I will probably watch another successful film interpretation of a popular YA novel. And, of course, I already like the several actors/actresses that have been cast in this movie...they are, after all, familiar names that star in my favorite television shows and/or movies. I am definitely looking forward to watching this!

Keep up with the latest news:

Official fansite: 

Divergent hits theaters March 21, 2014


No comments:

Post a Comment